Self-employed is Self-empowered
We can help you start your own business.
All our services are free.
Here's What Tremayne Says About Northstar Startups
Business Basics Course Online
This course is designed for people who want to start a small business or side hustle but are not sure where to begin. Work at your own pace and learn the basics of what you need to know to get started. We will cover the following:
- Your Business is About You
- Know Your Product/Service and Market
- What Customers Want
- How to Write Your Business Plan
- Get Organized
- Be Successful at Sales
Zoom Office Hours
Our office hours are a chance for you to explore business ideas, ask questions about our services, discuss business problems, and brainstorm any issues you’re having. Drop in and let’s talk business.
Northstar Business Incubator
You can apply to the Northstar Business Incubator at any time. Once we receive your application, we’ll review it and get in touch. The next step will be an interview with our team. Based on that, we’ll welcome you to the program or we’ll direct you to a more appropriate service for your stage of business.
As a Northstar entrepreneur, you will:
- be paired with a business advisor.
- join a peer learning circle. with other entrepreneurs.
- receive real-world business training.
- be introduced to local professionals.
- qualify for funding for some startup costs.
Webinars at Your Convenience
Do you know people who want to start their own business or side hustle? If so, we’re happy to deliver a webinar especially for you and your friends. It’s easy
- Get together a group of 5 or more.
- Pick your webinar from the two here.
- Email us to schedule a time.
Keep in Touch
Volunteer as a Business Advisor
Northstar Startup needs your expertise, skill and enthusiasm to deliver our services.
We are always looking for Volunteer Business Advisors. If you have experience starting and running a small business and enjoy supporting up and coming entrepreneurs, there’s a role for you at Northstar Startup.
This will take 10 to 12 hours of your time over a period of 6 months. Of course, should you have more time to offer, it would be appreciated.
If you’re interested, please complete the form here and we’ll be in touch.
We are an organization run completely by volunteers.
Mission: To help members of our community who are experiencing food insecurity to achieve personal economic stability through entrepreneurship.
What We Do: We support aspiring entrepreneurs as they turn their business ideas into reality.
How We Work In partnership with community service organizations and a volunteer network of experienced entrepreneurs, we deliver free programming which supports aspiring entrepreneurs with the tools and resources needed to launch their new businesses.
- Respect: For our clients, volunteers, and partners.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Success is achieved, not in spite of our differences, but because of them.
- Creativity: Always searching for ‘simpler, faster, better’.
- Accountability: To ourselves, our partners and our clients.
- Collaboration: Through our partners, for our clients.
Northstar Startups Leadership Team
The programming of Northstar Startup is led by Bryceson Dodge and Janice Waugh.
Get in Touch
We look forward to hearing from you.
We can be reached at NorthstarStartups @ gmail.com